Bibliophile

A trivial blog of a bookworm

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Pillar of the Earth

I am now reading the history of middle ages. It is quite interesting.

I can recall one of the fictions I read before. It is "Pillar of the Earth" by "Ken Follet". The fiction is based on a family of stonemason wandering across the country to find a job. StoneMason want to build a church as a master mason. He moved from place to place to find a job. Unfortunately, his wife died on the way and he married another woman living in jungle.

There are so many interesting customs of middle ages described in the fiction. Hanging in public, life in the castle, the life of Counts and Knights and the lives of criminals in middle ages.

After I read the history of Middle Ages, I want to read the fiction again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home