Bibliophile

A trivial blog of a bookworm

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Weekend Shopping

I was going out for shopping in the weekend. I was not go shopping for the clothes this time but purely for the books.

Saturday, I went to Computer Book Store in Funan. I intended to buy some books on Visual C++. I was lucky and I found two books that I wanted long time ago. They are written by an Indian Programmer. It is really nice and cheap. The titles are "Visual C++ Projects" and "Visual C++ COM and Beyond". It only costs me S$41 for two books.

Sunday, I went to Borders. I just went there to make price comparison with other bookstores. Computer books in Borders are quite expensive. Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 6 was only $85 in Computer Book Store. But the price in Borders in $99.

I found piles of Books on the floor. It was "My Life" by "Bill Clinton" in paperback edition. When it was first published, it cost $59 in hardcover. Now the paperback only cost $29. I decided to pick up one book since I think autobiography of former American president should not be missed and the price is quite affordable.

Luckily, Borders have some events that day and I got 20% discount for that book. Now I am start reading "My Life". I will talk about it later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home