Bibliophile

A trivial blog of a bookworm

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Be with Me

I went to Shaw Cinema to watch movie yesterday. My girlfriend said she bought tickets for romantic movie. She was not sure whether it was Korean or Japan movie. Surprisingly, it was a rare movie that made in Singapore.

The movie used a lot of expression to describe what they want to say. The actors and actresses rarely speak in the movie. I didn't realise why it was rated "M18" in the first place. But I think it rated M18 because of its excessive description on romance especially lesbian like love.

"Be With Me" was based on the life and autobiography of "Theresa Chan", Singaporean lady who lost her hearing and sight since she was young. However, I was surprised to know that she can adopt English as second language after she lost both eyesight and hearing. I admired greatly to her perseverance.

There are two others stories together with the stories of "Theresa Chan" in the movie. One was a security guard who crushed in a pretty lady and another was two JC girls met on the chat line and fell in love later. Its ending of two stories was somewhat ridiculous. One of the JC girls jumped to make suicide but she fall on security guard and he died. They should make better ending than that plot.

I think they want to illustrate the beauty of love in that movie. But I felt that illustration is not clear enough. The background music was not strong enough to support the movie plot. It make the audience boring. But there is something left in my mind after watching that movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home