Bibliophile

A trivial blog of a bookworm

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Nutrition

Yesterday, I read some tips in The Optimum Nutrition Bible and it enlightened me some of the things that I didn't know. I found the following tips useful.

- It will be better to eat a few amount of food many times than a large amount of food a few times.
- Don't eat according to your schedule. Eat when you are hungry.
- Eat one apple a day
- Before you eat vegetables, wash out thoroughly with vinegar to clear away the insecticides.
- Don't eat heavy breakfast.
- It is better to eat fresh food then cooked food.

I was visited to my friend's house a few months earlier. His wife is a nutritionist. I found one book in their living room which describe about fish and nutrition. I found that the following things in the book look interesting.

It is better to eat fresh fish from pond or river just after catching and it will lower risks of heart diseases. Eskimos used to eat that type of food and less percent of people were suffered from heart diseases. However, this property cannot be found in the fish in artificial fish pond or commercial fish ponds. Nature is sometimes hard to understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home